Sunrise Hike to the Hollywood Sign

-














dress c/o (use code "Hannah30" for 30% off) // hat // necklace c/o // bracelet c/o // scarf c/o 


A few Saturdays ago, I spent a beautiful, quiet, and very early morning hiking up to the Hollywood Sign. Never before had I been excited to wake up at 4am. I rolled out of bed, did my makeup in the dark car as we cruised along the empty freeway, and then hiked up a pretty challenging trail. We made it to the top just as the brand new sunshine peaked over the Hollywood Hills. I wouldn't say I'm a morning person, but there is something so beautiful about the quite and stillness of a brand new day.

We started hiking when it was pitch black. The sky turned from black to dark navy to twilight blue, and then streams of sunshine began to break through the fog. The sun slowly crept onto the horizon until all of the sudden, it was day. Our sunrise hike reminded me that life is kind of the same way. You go through each moment of each day until you realize how much has changed in the time that's passed. I stood under the great big sky for the entire sunrise, yet didn't actually notice each moment of change. Though you don't always notice change, it is always amazing to look back and see just how much you've grown. Change can be scary, but that quiet, slow sunrise also reminded me how beautiful it is. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." And wow, creation is just beautiful. I'll be honest, when I think of LA, beauty isn't exactly the first thing to some to mind. I often think of traffic and smoggy pollution and fake people. But looking over that sleepy valley was peaceful and quiet and truly beautiful. If I could encourage you: wake up before the sun every once in a while and savor sweet moments with friends. I got to go on a beautiful hike, hang out with two great friends, enjoy a rare quite moment in LA, and even knock something off my 20 By 20 list! Happy Weekend!

3 comments

  1. You look lovely! You styled that dress perfectly!
    -Anna | www.fivefootandfabulous.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures!! You look beautiful!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a woman but have to say: you are so beautiful and your style is so nice. Maybe after reading your post, I will change the way I care about my skin when I wake up tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete