18th Birthday Brunch


I am so excited to share my 18th birthday party with you! After months of planning and dreaming, I couldn’t be happier with how everything came together. Honestly, turning in my first round of college applications made this past week absolutely crazy and this party was the light at the end of the tunnel that kept me going!

I had always wanted to throw a girl’s brunch, and my 18th seemed like the perfect opportunity to do that. The theme for the party was whimsical yet classy with touches of pink, gold, black, and white. I hope that vision in my head translated well! The party was held at my favorite restaurant, City Cafe. We had a delicious brunch (complete with a waffle bar, chocolate fountain, and quiche), did a fun craft (you're never too old for crafts), and took plenty of pictures. Photographer Jennifer Jens captured the day perfectly. Not only is she such a talented photographer, but she is so friendly and fun to work with! These wonderful photos I'm sharing are all thanks to her!


How great is this photo backdrop? I bought three three-foot pink streamer backgrounds from my local party store and then added these "Party Party" balloons to the top. The 16" gold mylar letters from Northstar Balloons added so much fun to the room and were such a cute way to capture the day! Northstar provides a huge selection of balloons including the whole alphabet in multiple sizes and colors. I am so glad I found them on Instagram. They have the cutest feed ever, so make sure to check them out! 


From the flower arrangements to the table runner to the bow napkins to the pink sugar rimmed glasses, I couldn’t have been more happy with how the table scape turned out! Since I wanted everyone to sit together, that meant the huge twenty-five foot long table would be the focal point of the room. My mom and our close family friend, Vicki Page, both used to be florists, so they did all of the arrangements for my party. They are so talented and created such beautiful center pieces.  Then there is this table runner. How perfect is it for the party? Having a twenty foot table, I was pretty concerned with finding one that would work. But then I found Vintage Fantasy Bridal on Etsy. They create custom table runners in any size and carry the cutest prints. I couldn't be happier! 


These bow napkins are so cute and so easy to make! My mom and I probably spent fifteen minutes total folding and tying them all. I'm thinking I might do a DIY post soon on how to make them! 


My dad and I! My dad and brother even got dressed up in their all white clothes and made an appearance at the party! They helped so much by running last minute errands and even putting together the photo backdrop. Love them! 


Caught mid-selfie. 


To incorporate the brunch aspect even more, my “cake” was actually a stack of chocolate chip pancakes with cream cheese frosting, sprinkles, and the cutest topper. This beautiful gold and pink topper from Kiss Me Kate Studio perfectly fit my party. Funny story, Kate and I found each other on Etsy and then realized that we live less than an hour away from each other! Small world! She makes the most adorable and girly party products. If had a reason to buy everything in her shop, I would! 


Another selfie! This time with my Grammie! 


Not only did my mom and Vicki learn how to make a floral crown for me, but they learned to teach every girl at the party, too! Making floral crowns is so fun and not as hard as you would think! Maybe another DIY soon? ;) 




Each of these people are so wonderful! I invited my aunts, grandmas, girl cousins, my mom, and girl friends! Basically all of the special women in my life. They are what made the day so amazing.  


My mom, aka best friend. I am so thankful for her! Her creativity and positivity not only made so much of this day possible, but it makes everyday so happy and wonderful. Love her! 

If you have any questions about my party or how I planned it, comment below! Thank you so much to Jennifer Jens, City Cafe, Northstar Balloons, Kiss Me Kate Studio, Fantasy Vintage Bridal, Vicki Page, my parents, and the lovely ladies that attended for making the party so special. TWO DAYS UNTIL I’M EIGHTEEN! 

3 comments

  1. Wonderful party Hannah.. Happy Birthday ...🎁🎈❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful party and fun times!! Thanks so much for featuring our table runner! http://www.fantasyvintagebridal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope lovely surprises Are coming find out more your way, To make your Birthday A wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete