One Year Ago // NYC

-









dress (similar) // hat // shoes 

I cannot believe that it has been an entire year since I was in New York City shooting with Kevin Kim. If you’ve been reading Practically Imperfect for a while now, you may remember that Kevin and I have the coolest story of how we became friends! We randomly met at the Arc De Triomphe in Paris and stayed in touch when I visited New York later that summer. I still smile about what a small world it truly is. This shoot from the Brooklyn Bridge has remained one of my favorites of all time, and I realized that though I’ve shared various photos wearing this outfit (see here, here, and here), I never shared the full outfit post. So today, exactly a year after I shot this look, I’m sharing this outfit as a throwback! This maxi dress and hat combination is such a bold, fun look. Who knew that neutrals could make such a statement? Though Anthropologie no longer carries this exact dress, I found a few pretty similar ones and linked them below. And as always, my all time favorite hat that I post about way too much can be found at Nordstrom. As I type up this post, my heart kind of breaks that I won’t be in NYC this summer. That city is truly magical, especially during the summertime. While I was in DC last week, I was so tempted to take the 3 hour train ride into NYC for the day! I wasn’t able to coordinate a quick trip into the city, but looking through these photos gave me a little piece of the city that I love so much.


No comments